Ken’s pants (mostly the waist and some of the back)
- Three large, eucalyptus-scented candles
- A box of hard pastels (he couldn’t crunch them, so gave up)
- Bill Remmer’s hat (baseball-cap style)
- A small, supposedly-indestructible purse with 14 pockets and sections
- Three onions and a large head of garlic (only took one bite out of each, then left all on Natalie’s bed)
- Part of a spiral-bound journal I wrote in 1978
- A whole loaf of bread, excluding plastic bag
- Many whole apples, seeds, stem and all
- Section of graham crackers
- Wrap the graham crackers were in (gave up on this)
- Several large carrots
- Small container of yogurt, including bite of the container
- A quarter of Daniel’s leather wallet
- A large box of very stale Milkbones he found in the pantry, including part of box
- A box of crayons (until I took them away from him)
- Stuffed animal frog holding a heart
- One third of a box on the future of American agriculture
- Two paper plates stained with hamburger
- Stool of thread (we were able to pull that out of his mouth before he swallowed it)
- Handful of unground coffee beans
- All manner of cat litter
- Multiple sandwiches when the sandwich eater wanders off for a moment
- Anything made by Wheatfields (Shay is a Wheatfields man)
- Small, catnip-filled stuffed mouse
- Plateful of rice and beans flavored with ample sriracha sauce, left out as trap to train him not to eat our food (except it turns out that he loves very hot sauce)
New! Poetry Playhouse Online Class An online class beginning Jan. 13 to help you create and revise a collection of poetry, each week focusing on a different room in the poetry playhouse. Learn about passionate writing, craft, poets and ways to tend your writing life.
Special Holiday Sale ~ Brave Voice: Writing & Singing for Your Life. Register before Jan. 1 for a discount on Kelley Hunt and Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg's 6-day life-changing creative retreat.
To the Stars Through Difficulties: A Kansas Renga in 150 Voices edited by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg was just named a Kansas Notable Book!
The Divorce Girl, a humorous, transformative coming of age story illuminates how a daring heart can turn a broken girl into a woman strong enough to craft a life of art and soul (Ice Cube Press). Follow at The Divorce Girl on facebook.